Members of the American Public Power Association may use the materials on this page to educate your communities about the benefits of public power and electricity basics. Download and share the videos, infographics, social media posts, slide decks, and other materials below – use them as is or customize for your needs. Email [email protected] with any questions or requests.
Subscribe to our monthly social media emails to get new, customizable content for your social media channels. Use this Social Media Planning Calendar to map out your social media content for the year.
Add your voice to the national campaign, built on the theme "Community Powered" to raise awareness of public power and its benefits. Get messages and materials to engage your community.
COVID-19 Response Resources
- Social Media Messages
- Safety Graphics
- Energy Efficiency Graphics
- Scam Awareness Graphics
- Public Power Utility Tweets
- Public Power Week (Download)
- Salute to COVID-19 Responders, Version 1
- Salute to COVID-19 Responders, Version 2
Resources by Topic
Resources by Month
Communications Plan Template
Take a look at this annual communications plan template for a public power utility. Whether you're just starting down the road to better communications with your customers or looking to boost your efforts, you may find some ideas. Members may download this plan, customize, and use as needed.
Social Media How-tos
Want to start engaging on social media or need some tips to enhance what you're already doing? Watch our social media quick tutorial videos, with tips on how to get the most out of various channels.
- Facebook Basics for Public Power
- Twitter Basics for Public Power
- Instagram Basics for Public Power
- Making Sense of Social Media Metrics
- Boosting and Increasing Your Social Reach
- Access resources to celebrate Public Power Week in the first full week of October every year.
- Reprint any of the articles from Public Power Daily, Public Power Magazine, or our blog.
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram and share/repost our content on your channels.
- Review the guidebook, Positioning Your Community to Succeed in Sellout Evaluation.
- A printable map of all public power utilities is available for download.