Members of the American Public Power Association may use the materials on this page to educate your communities about the benefits of public power and electricity basics. Download and share the videos, infographics, social media posts, slide decks, and other materials below – use them as is or customize for your needs. Email [email protected] with any questions or requests.
Subscribe to our monthly social media emails to get customizable content for your social media channels and resources for your social media outreach throughout the year.
Our We Are Community Powered website features our award-winning video, "Public Power: Powering Strong Communities," and other resources to help you communicate the benefits of public power and engage your communities.
We offer members resources to celebrate Public Power Week in the first full week of October every year. (Resources are updated annually July-September.)
Public Power: Powering Strong Communities
Affordable. Reliable. Community-focused. The story of Public Power deserves to be told and our award-winning video helps explain who we are and what we do. Public Power has been around for over 100 years and we have a bright future, continuing to lead, thrive, and meet the challenges of the 21st century.
Public Power: Building For the Future
This fun one-minute animated presentation describes the benefits of public power in an engaging and colorful way. You can customize this video with your own utility logo and brand.
Did You Know You Get Your Electricity From a Public Power Utility?
Resources by Topic
Resources by Month
Communications Plan Template
Take a look at this annual communications plan template for a public power utility. Whether you're just starting down the road to better communications with your customers or looking to boost your efforts, you may find some ideas. Members may download this plan, customize, and use as needed.
Social Media How-tos
Want to start engaging on social media or need some tips to enhance what you're already doing? Watch our social media quick tutorial videos, with tips on how to get the most out of various channels.
- Facebook Basics for Public Power
- X (formerly Twitter Basics for Public Power
- Instagram Basics for Public Power
- Making Sense of Social Media Metrics
- Boosting and Increasing Your Social Reach
- Reprint any of the articles from Public Power Current, Public Power Magazine, or our blog.
- Follow us on X (formerly (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram and share/repost our content on your channels.
- Municipalization Resources: Learn more about establishing a publicly owned electric utility. Public power utilities bring many benefits to their communities.
- Sellout Evaluations: APPA offers many resources to public power utilities and stakeholders evaluating whether to sell their community-owned electric utility or to retain public ownership.
- A printable map of all public power utilities is available for download.
- Ready.gov Preparedness Calendar
- Electrical Safety Foundation: Electrical safety and efficiency resources at home and the workplace