Join the dynamic team at our mission-driven, not-for-profit trade association serving as the nation’s face and voice of community-owned electric utilities.
- Comprehensive health & dental coverage
- 401k profit sharing & matching contributions
- 20 days of PTO during the first year
- 13 paid holidays in a year
- Transportation benefits
- Wellness reimbursement
- Parental leave and paid bereavement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition assistance
- Flexible work hours and telework options
The American Public Power Association is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected], with the position title in the subject line.
Government Relations Director
The American Public Power Association is seeking a Government Relations Director to help promote the Association’s policy positions before Congress and executive branch agencies on issues affecting the operations of the association’s members through issue identification and monitoring, and strategy development, coordination, and execution.
Other major duties and responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Members of Congress and their staff, as well as Committee staff.
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory activities of interest to APPA members.
- Briefing Association committees and communicating with members on legislative and administrative issues.
- Attending congressional and executive branch hearings and meetings.
- Strategically seeking and creating opportunities to advance Association’s policy objectives.