As our industry continues to evolve and the pressure for improved performance increases, travel time and budgets are scarce. If it’s difficult for your staff and governing board to attend education courses outside of the office, let us come to you. The Academy can deliver the training you need, when and where you need it — an ideal option for groups of eight or more. We can bring any course to your facility or customize an agenda based on your needs.
View our In-house Training brochure.
Benefits of In-house Training
There are many advantages to holding an Academy in-house training program, including:
- Cost and time savings
Minimize employee out-of-office time and travel expenses.
- Customized training
Choose from our catalog of courses, mix and match agenda items, or tailor course content to meet your utility’s specific goals.
- Expert instructors
Learn from seasoned trainers who have direct experience with public power utilities.
- Continuing education credits
Meet staff’s yearly training goals and certification requirements by earning continuing education units (CEUs), professional development hours (PDHs), continuing professional education credits (CPEs), and points towards the Reliable Public Power Provider (RP3) designation.
- Foster teamwork
Encourage a collegial work environment through a team approach to learning that reaches for common goals and sets organizational direction.
- Staff development and retention
Providing relevant, targeted training shows staff that management cares about their development and helps employees realize their importance within the organization.
The Academy offers a variety of in-depth education courses to address the unique needs of public power utilities. Choose from the list of standard courses below and mix and match content to fit your needs. Or, allow us to design a class that addresses goals important to your organization.
- Public Utility Accounting
- Advanced Public Utility Accounting
- Work Order and Asset Management Accounting
Board Members and Policymakers
- Electric Utility Industry Overview
- Public Utility Governance Workshop
Engineering and Operations
- Overhead Distribution Systems
- New OSHA Regulations for Public Power Utilities
- Electrical Distribution Theory and Applications
- Grounding & Lighting Protection for Overhead and Underground Distribution
- FEMA Basics for Public Power Utilities
- Overhead Distribution Systems
- RP3 Best Practices Summit
- Overhead Pole Line Design Workshop
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Cost of Service & Retail Rate Design classes
- Performing a Utility Financial Checkup
Custom topics are also available.
For Associations and Joint Action Agencies
Hosting an in-house course for your members is a great way to provide them with high-quality, discounted training in a convenient location within driving distance. This is especially helpful for small utilities in your region that may have trouble leaving the office, or for members with travel and budget restrictions.
Consider adding one of our courses as a half- or full-day seminar prior to your conferences. We will help you choose a format suited to your requirements and, by providing and tailoring a course to your goals and objectives, we can help ease the stress of developing a conference program.
In-house training is available at a flat fee plus travel expenses for the instructor(s). The flat fee covers course development, instruction, and materials. You must provide a training room and cover all onsite expenses such as audio-visual equipment and refreshments.
- Members: Starting at $4,250 per training day
- Nonmembers: Starting at $8,500 per training day
Book a Course
For course descriptions, agendas and to discuss custom pricing, email us at [email protected].