Public power utilities across the U.S. celebrate Public Power Week the first full week of October every year to help customers and stakeholders understand how they can better engage with their community-owned utility and benefit from all its offerings. American Public Power Association member utilities can use the sample resources and templates to spread the word and help celebrate in your communities.
Resources & Templates
You can download these resources and templates to customize for Public Power Week celebrations in your community.
2020 Public Power Week logo
Community Hero Poster Contest
We want to hear from young people about who inspires them, boosts their spirits, and helps them and their community become better! That’s why we’re inviting your students to participate in the American Public Power Association’s Community Heroes Poster Contest and show us their own #CommunityPoweredHero. More information and contest rules can be found here.
Public Power Week
Use this video to enhance your Public Power Week outreach and engage your customers.
About Public Power
An animated video explains the benefits of a community-owned utility.
More videos, infographics, and fact sheets on public power benefits are available here.
- Coloring sheet: frontline heroes
- Coloring sheet: happy transmission tower
- Coloring sheet: community powered town
- Coloring sheet: powering strong communities
- Coloring sheet: greetings from a public power community
- Sample social media messages and graphics
- Ad template (half page)
- Sample news release
- Sample news release on energy efficiency
- Sample newspaper guest column or speech
- Sample proclamation
- Sample letter to business customers
- Sample letter to public officials
- Sample employee recognition
- Sample op-ed in support of tax-exempt financing