Public power utilities across the U.S. celebrate Public Power Week the first full week of October every year to help customers and stakeholders understand how they can better engage with their community-owned utility and benefit from all its offerings. American Public Power Association member utilities can use the sample resources and templates to spread the word and help celebrate in your communities.
Resources & Templates
You can download these resources and templates to customize for Public Power Week celebrations in your community.
2021 Public Power Week logo
Public Power Week
"People Behind the Power" Videos
These are the "people behind public power" who often wear a lot of different hats on the job. They are essential to helping keep the lights on! This year we highlight the 96,000 people employed by the 2,000 public power communities nationwide.
Customer Service Representatives: View | Download
Engineers and Technical Staff: View | Download
General Managers, CEOs, and Other Public Power Advocates: View | Download
Attorneys and Legal Staff: View | Download
Administrative Staff: View | Download
Resource Planners and Mutual Aid Coordinators: View | Download
Information Technology/Operational Technology Staff: View | Download
Communicators: View | Download
Fleet Services Staff: View | Download
Power Plant Operators: View | Download
Use this video to enhance your Public Power Week outreach and engage your customers.
About Public Power
An animated video explains the benefits of a community-owned utility.
More videos, infographics, and fact sheets on public power benefits are available here.
- Illustration: the people behind public power
- Coloring sheet: the people behind public power
- Coloring sheet: happy transmission tower
- Coloring sheet: community powered town
- Coloring sheet: powering strong communities
- Coloring sheet: greetings from a public power community
- Sample social media messages and graphics
- Ad template (half page)
- Sample news release
- Sample news release on energy efficiency
- Sample newspaper guest column or speech
- Sample proclamation
- Sample letter to business customers
- Sample letter to public officials
- Sample employee recognition
- Sample op-ed in support of tax-exempt financing