Public power utilities across the U.S. celebrate Public Power Week the first full week of October every year to help customers and stakeholders understand how they can better engage with their community-owned utility and benefit from all its offerings. American Public Power Association member utilities can use the sample resources and templates to spread the word and help celebrate in your communities.
Resources & Templates
You can download these resources and templates to customize for Public Power Week celebrations in your community.
2021 Public Power Week resources will be posted here in August and September.
2021 Public Power Week logo
Public Power Week
Use this video to enhance your Public Power Week outreach and engage your customers.
About Public Power
An animated video explains the benefits of a community-owned utility.
More videos, infographics, and fact sheets on public power benefits are available here.
- Coloring sheet: frontline heroes
- Coloring sheet: happy transmission tower
- Coloring sheet: community powered town
- Coloring sheet: powering strong communities
- Coloring sheet: greetings from a public power community
- Sample social media messages and graphics
- Ad template (half page)
- Sample news release
- Sample news release on energy efficiency
- Sample newspaper guest column or speech
- Sample proclamation
- Sample letter to business customers
- Sample letter to public officials
- Sample employee recognition
- Sample op-ed in support of tax-exempt financing