Public power utilities across the U.S. celebrate Public Power Week the first full week of October every year to help customers and stakeholders understand how they can better engage with their community-owned utility and benefit from all its offerings. American Public Power Association member utilities can use the sample resources and templates to spread the word and help celebrate in your communities.
Resources & Templates
You can download these resources and templates to customize for Public Power Week celebrations in your community.
Video: Public Power Week
Use this video to enhance your Public Power Week outreach and engage your customers.
Video: About Public Power
An animated video explains the benefits of a community-owned utility.
More videos, infographics, and fact sheets on public power benefits are available here.
- Infographic NEW!
- Coloring sheet: happy pylon NEW!
- Coloring sheet: community powered town NEW!
- Sample social media messages and graphics NEW!
- Coloring sheet: powering strong communities
- Coloring sheet: greetings from a public power community
- Ad template (half page)
- Sample news release
- Sample news release on energy efficiency
- Sample newspaper guest column or speech
- Sample proclamation
- Sample letter to business customers
- Sample letter to public officials
- Sample employee recognition
- Sample op-ed in support of tax-exempt financing