From incorporating new technology to attracting top talent and passing along institutional know-how to the next generation, there are many workforce challenges that keep public power leaders up at night. This four-part webinar series will help you understand how to tackle critical workforce issues — identify gaps in the energy workforce pipeline, measure and achieve diversity and inclusion, conduct effective succession planning, and make an effective case for offering competitive salaries. Each webinar includes expert insights and replicable practices from public power organizations, and identifies tools and resources.
All webinars take place from 2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern time. The series includes the following four webinars, which can be taken individually or as a series for a discounted rate:
- Game Changers and Gaps in the Energy Workforce – January 11
- Beyond Rhetoric: Hands-on Workforce Diversity – February 8
- The High Cost of Low Wages: Why Competitive Pay Matters – March 1
- Four Elements of Employee Development and Succession Planning – March 20
Who Should Participate
- Human Resource Professionals
- Senior managers
- Lenora Billings-Harris, CSP, Author, Diversity and Inclusion Consultant, Professional Speaker, Founder of UbuntuGlobal
- Gini Collins, CEO, SOLVE Consulting, Inc.
- Joyce A. Cooper, MHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, Workforce Development Manager, Human Resource Division, Omaha Public Power District, Nebraska
- Alex Hofmann, Director of Energy and Environmental Services, American Public Power Association
- Carl Mycoff, Managing Director, Mycoff, Fry & Prouse LLC
- Ann Randazzo, Executive Director, Center for Energy Workforce Development
- Ed Roberts, Creative Director, ElectriCities of North Carolina
- Merlin Sawyer, Chief Financial Officer, Missouri River Energy Services
- Paul Zummo, Director of Policy Research and Analysis, American Public Power Association
*Refer to individual webinars for specific speakers and additional biographical information.
Individual webinars: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click on the webinar titles above to register for the individual events
The 4-part series (one free webinar): $299 for Association members; $599 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the series
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact us.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, you can have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Submit Questions in Advance
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar—email them to [email protected]. Questions may also be submitted online via chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202-467-2965 or [email protected].