2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
This is the first in series of four Public Power Workforce webinars:
- Click here to register for Game Changers and Gaps in the Energy Workforce webinar.
- Click here to register for the 4-part series at a discounted rate.
From incorporating new technology to attracting top talent and passing along institutional know-how to the next generation, there are many workforce challenges that keep public power leaders up at night. This four-part Workforce Webinar Series will help you understand how to tackle critical workforce issues — identify gaps in the energy workforce pipeline, measure and achieve diversity and inclusion, conduct effective succession planning, and make an effective case for offering competitive salaries. Each webinar includes expert insights and replicable practices from public power organizations, and identifies tools and resources.
You’ve heard that the workforce is changing — but what is really driving the change? Infrastructure modernization, increased renewables, and growing physical/cybersecurity threats, to name just a few factors. Review the gaps and game changers for four key job categories — lineworkers, technicians, plant operators, and engineers — as identified in the Center for Energy Workforce Development’s “Gaps in the Energy Workforce Pipeline” survey. Learn how you can get involved in your state’s energy workforce development consortium. Get an executive summary of the survey and CEWD's Game Changers graphic.
Who Should Participate
- Human Resources
- Senior Managers
- Joyce A. Cooper, MHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, Workforce Development Manager, Human Resource Division, Omaha Public Power District, Nebraska
- Ann Randazzo, Executive Director, Center for Energy Workforce Development, Washington, D.C.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202/467-2965 or email [email protected]ublicPower.org).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, you can have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Questions for Speakers
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar—email them to [email protected]. Questions may also be submitted online via chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2965 or [email protected].