2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
This is the first in series of four Public Power Workforce webinars:
- Click here to register for The High Cost of Low Wages: Why Competitive Pay Matters webinar.
- Click here to register for the 4-part series at a discounted rate.
From incorporating new technology to attracting top talent and passing along institutional know-how to the next generation, there are many workforce challenges that keep public power leaders up at night. This four-part Workforce Webinar Series will help you understand how to tackle critical workforce issues — identify gaps in the energy workforce pipeline, measure and achieve diversity and inclusion, conduct effective succession planning, and make an effective case for offering competitive salaries. Each webinar includes expert insights and replicable practices from public power organizations, and identifies tools and resources.
Competitive wages allow you to attract and retain qualified employees, but offering competitive salaries can be a challenge for public power utilities. Learn how compensation studies can help you benchmark salaries and benefits against competitors and educate policymakers on the critical importance of paying a competitive wage – even when utility executives are paid more than other city employees. Review factors that drive competitive pay in a variety of utility positions and discover tools to help determine a competitive pay scale for your utility. Discuss how to make the case for competitive wages based on the financial benefits that public power communities receive.
Who Should Participate
- Human Resources
- Senior Managers
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202/467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, you can have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Questions for Speakers
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar—email them to [email protected]. Questions may also be submitted online via chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2965 or [email protected].