2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
This is the second in a series of four Public Power Workforce webinars:
- Click here to register for Beyond Rhetoric: Hands-on Workforce Diversity webinar.
- Click here to register for the 4-part series at a discounted rate.
From incorporating new technology to attracting top talent and passing along institutional know-how to the next generation, there are many workforce challenges that keep public power leaders up at night. This four-part Workforce Webinar Series will help you understand how to tackle critical workforce issues — identify gaps in the energy workforce pipeline, measure and achieve diversity and inclusion, conduct effective succession planning, and make an effective case for offering competitive salaries. Each webinar includes expert insights and replicable practices from public power organizations, and identifies tools and resources.
It’s time to move beyond ‘cultural awareness’ and create a respectful, engaging environment that draws from its diversity to gain a competitive advantage. Join Lenora Billings-Harris, co-author of TRAILBLAZERS: How Top Business Leaders are Accelerating Results through Inclusion and Diversity, to explore how leading companies use Transformational Diversity Management Principles™ to foster success. Discover techniques that engage management, make diversity education effective, identify gaps in inclusive processes, and evaluate successes. Learn about diversity and inclusion metrics and scorecards and effective ways to empower employees around these outcomes. Find out how one joint action agency embedded diversity and inclusion in the organizational culture.
Who Should Participate
- Human Resources
- Senior Managers
- Lenora Billings-Harris, CSP, Author, Diversity and Inclusion Consultant, Professional Speaker, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Ed Roberts, Manager, Brand + Creative Strategy, ElectriCities of North Carolina, Raleigh, North Carolina
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202/467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, you can have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Questions for Speakers
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar—email them to [email protected]. Questions may also be submitted online via chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2965 or [email protected].