The RP3 Review Panel has 18 members. Six of the panel members are the officers on three Association committees: Safety, Transmission & Distribution, and System Planning. The other 12 panel members are nominated by the chair of the Association's board.
One panel seat represents either a joint action agency or state association. Six panels seats are for two representatives each from small, medium, and large public power utilities. The other five panel seats are for representatives of reliability, safety, system improvement, and human resources.
Panel members serve two-year terms and can choose to serve up to three terms. When there is a vacancy on the Panel, a call for nominees is released. The Panel meets in October and December each year to score and vote on the RP3 applications. The panel’s three-member executive committee handles any items between panel meetings.
Call for Nominations: Medium and Large System Representatives
Two seats are currently available for up to three consecutive 2-year terms:
- Medium System Representative – Association members with 5,000 to 30,000 customers. General understanding of reliability, safety, work force development, and system improvement is required.
- Large System Representative – Association members with over 30,000 customers. General understanding of reliability, safety, work force development, and system improvement is required.
RP3 Review Panel, 2017-2018
Small Utility Representatives
- Tom Russo, Lowell Light & Power, Michigan
- Olin Clawson, Lawrenceburg Municipal Utilities, Indiana
Medium Utility Representatives
- Tim Reed, Muscatine Power and Water, Iowa
- Charles Bauschard, Coldwater Board of Public Utilities, Michigan (Executive Committee)
Large Utillity Representatives
- Ben Feliz, Clark Public Utilities, Washington
- Neil James, Santee Cooper, South Carolina (Executive Committee)
Joint Action Agency or State Association Representative
- Mark Ennis, Alabama Municipal Electric Authority, Alabama
- Troy Adams, Elk River Municipal Utilities, Minnesota
- Aaron Haderle, Kissimmee Utility Authority, Florida
System Improvement Representative
- Open seat
Human Resources Representatives
- Charlotte Bradley, Hope Water and Light, Arkansas
- Mary Kay Villegas-Alitz, Independence Power & Light, Missouri
Safety Committee Officers
- Duane Richardson, Indiana Municipal Electric Association, Indiana
- Keith Cutshall, Clarksville Department of Electricity, Tennessee
System Planning Committee Officers
- Srinivasa Venigalla, Navajo Tribal Utility Authority, Arizona
- Ken Stone, Braintree Electric Light Department, Massachusetts
Transmission & Distribution Committee Officers
- Jared Stewart, Hannibal Board of Public Works, Missouri
- John VanGundy, City of Mesa, Arizona