Learn Together, Grow Together
Unable to attend an in-person class but interested in pursuing key accounts training? Join us as we debut the online version of our Key Accounts Certificate Program!
Featuring 20 video modules, a downloadable course workbook, and progressive testing, we’ve taken this popular in-person program online. It’s a convenient way to complete the certificate program requirements in a flexible timeframe.
Through this online program, discover how to support and grow businesses in your community to enhance your reputation and revenue. Your commercial and industrial key accounts need special attention—the Key Accounts Certificate Program is designed to show you how to nurture strategic relationships and build trust and loyalty. Whether you plan to start a utility key accounts program or want to take your current program to the next level, this curriculum provides the skills, knowledge, and tools for success. Learn from real-world examples, get tools and templates, practice skills, and network with public power peers from across the nation.
To earn this certificate, participants must complete the following requirements:
1. Complete the three required courses using the online learning portal
- Implementing a Customer-Focused Key Accounts Program
- Developing Your Key Accounts Representative
- The Effective Key Accounts Toolbox
2. Pass an online exam
- Consists of 100 multiple choice questions, based on the coursework. You will progressively complete the test throughout the program.
- You must score at least a 75% to pass the exam. You’ll have two opportunities to pass the test.
3. Submit a customer action plan
- Participants must demonstrate how their utility plans to address the needs of a selected account.
- Participants will receive plan guidelines that outline what is expected in each section.
- The customer action plan is due within one year after the program ends.
To learn more about the course content, download the Key Accounts Certificate Program brochure [PDF].
The Online Key Accounts Certificate Program is available on demand. When you register, you will gain open access to the online course and can engage in course materials at your own pace. You will have access to the materials for one year.
- Gain a full understanding and appreciation for the development and process of building, launching or re-launching a fully functional and customer focused key accounts program.
- Discover what makes a key account representative successful and learn tips to stay focused and organized.
- Discover the latest tools and services that are available to the key account representative and how to choose the right tools to serve the business community.
- Learn the new customer action plan methodology and how to incorporate it into a successful key accounts program.
- Twenty video course modules
- Downloadable course workbook
- Bonus materials and videos
Basic: No prerequisites; no advance preparation.
Recommended CEUs .8/PDHs 8.25
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Public power key account managers and representatives. Other utility staff involved in key accounts, or those looking for professional development credentials, will also benefit.
The online program is designed to replicate the in-person program experience as much as possible and allow flexibility so that the user can work through the course materials at his/her own pace.
About the Instructor
Erick Rheam, President, Team Rheam Productions, Inc.
Erick is a consultant, speaker and author on key accounts and human dynamics. He co-authored the Association’s Key Accounts Field Manual: A Guide for Public Power Professionals. He has been involved in public power for 15 years. He worked as a key accounts manager and customer relations division manager for public power utilities in Indiana and Colorado, managing industrial pretreatment, key accounts, mid-market, conservation, and marketing programs. In partnership with Automated Energy, Inc., Erick offers key accounts consulting and education across the country.
Not a member? Join today and save on your conference registration. Call Member Services at 202-467-2926 to learn more.
Cancellations must be made in writing to [email protected]. Refunds will not be provided after attendees have logged into the course.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2965 or [email protected].
Contact us at [email protected] or call 202-467-2965.
Earn While You Learn!
Participate in the online program to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs), and Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
What educational credits are available?
The online version of this course includes the following educational credits:
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) - The American Public Power Association is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and. For information regarding certification status, attendance requirements and obtaining attendees transcripts, contact [email protected] or 202-467-2921.
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs) - The American Public Power Association’s educational practices are consistent with the criteria for awarding Professional Development Hours (PDHs) as established by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). Course eligibility and number of PDHs may vary by state.