The Restoration Best Practices Guidebook is a collection of tips and practices for utilities and other entities involved in either requesting or responding to mutual aid, or otherwise working on utility restoration operations and emergency management.
The Restoration Best Practices Guidebook documents best practices at public power utilities, so that others can learn and – as appropriate – implement these best practices before and during their next significant outage event.
This guidebook contains recommended best practices organized into four sections: preparedness, activation and initiation, restoration operations, and cost recovery and mitigation.
This material is based upon work supported by the US Department of Energy under Award Number DE-OE0000757.
Additional related resources (member access required):
- Crisis Communications plan template
- Sample storm communications
- Model emergency assistance agreement
- Sample public-private mutual assistance agreement (New York)
- Sample mutual aid playbook (MEUA, New York)
- Sample mutual assistance crew guidebook (LADWP)