As more state and local governments set targets to eliminate or significantly reduce carbon emissions, this interactive report presents key data on trends in electricity generation and explains the impact that including a diverse mix of resources in these targets has on cost and electric reliability.
The report includes information such as:
- Electricity sector declines in carbon dioxide emissions
- Trends in public power's generating mix
- Renewable and clean energy targets by state and territory
- Zero-emitting generation by state
- Cost projections to achieve emissions reductions targets
- Challenges and opportunities for public power
- Examples of public power clean energy efforts and partnerships
Public power personnel are encouraged to share information from the report with local decision-makers and customers to inform community discussions about emissions.