APPA/Area Development Public Power Consultants Forum
March 29-31, 2017
Click here to learn more and register for this event!
About the Forum
APPA is pleased to partner with Area Development to offer the 3rd annual APPA/Area Development Public Power Consultants Forum, March 29-31, at the Hutton Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
Public power utilities have a long history of working with their communities in the areas of supporting businesses and economic development. This forum provides a full program of presentations, panels, roundtable discussions and Q&A on what will impact the site selection process as we head through 2017 and beyond. Led by an outstanding lineup of speakers, the forum will address the leading issues, strategies and best practices necessary for a successful economic development strategy. This event also features several networking opportunities.
Area Development has been a leader in site selection/relocation information and education since 1965 and has partnered with APPA for decades to bring the best in economic development education and resources to public power utilities.
This event is being organized by Area Development, in cooperation with APPA.
Who Should Attend
The forum is designed to educate public power utility economic developers, CEOs and executive leadership—as well as the policymakers, community officials and state/regional economic developers they work with—on success strategies and best practices in economic development.
What You'll Learn
This event will feature expert presentations and roundtable discussions on drivers of the site selection process, business retention and attraction strategies, growth industries, and guidance on how utilities can work with economic developers and businesses. Nationally recognized site selectors, top real-estate professionals, and industry executives offer insights on business trends and tools for success.
Visit the event web site for the latest program, speaker and registration information.
- What Site Prospects Expect in Today’s Economy
- Attracting Engagement Centers: What Does Your Location Offer?
- Preparing Your Location as a Data Center Ready Environment
- Site Preparedness as an Economic Development Strategy
- Attracting the Right Prospects: Having the Right Perspective
- What Site Consultants Want in an RFP
- Special Utility Management Breakout Session addresses (led by John Wolfram):
- Utility Hot Topics and the Impact on Economic Development
- The Proper Design of Utility Incentives
- Bob Cook, Senior Vice President, Site Selection Group
- Courtney Dunbar, Industrial Program Leader, Olsson Associates
- Jeff Pappas, Executive Vice President, Global Location Strategy, E Smith Realty Partners
- Will Steffens, Data Center Infrastructure, Incentive & Energy Professional, Sugarloaf Associates
- John Wolfram, Founder & Principal, Catalyst Consulting
- Additional speakers being confirmed
Visit the event web site for program updates.
The Public Power Consultants Forum will be held at the Hutton Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. Upon registering for the event, you will receive the group code and will secure your reservations directly with the hotel.
1808 West End Ave.
Nashville, TN 37203
This event is only open to APPA members, their employees and economic development partners. Community economic developers, policymakers and other community leaders are encouraged to attend with an APPA member.
The registration fee includes dinner on Monday, breakfast on Tuesday and Wednesday, lunch on Wednesday and two networking receptions.
Early registration: An early registration discount will be applied to the first 25 paid registrants.
|First 25 registrants
|APPA utility member||$1,195||$1,295|
Additional Economic Development Resources
In addition to the Public Power Consultants Forum, APPA offers the following resources on economic development:
- Economic Development Listserv (free for APPA members): Connect with over 250 public power peers to share ideas and ask questions on economic development issues. Email APPA to join.
- APPA/Area Development Magazine Public Power Supplement: Area Development magazine features an annual supplement on the advantages of doing business with public power communities. View previous editions.
If you have questions, please contact Heidi Lambert, APPA’s Director of Education (202/467-2921; HLambert@PublicPower.org).