Rate Making for Utility Boards and City Councils
June 30, 2014
2 to 3:30 p.m. ET
Electric costs are rising due to changes in power supply costs, aging infrastructure, the need for significant capital improvements, and pressure to increase contributions to the city. To help assure customer rates are structured correctly, it is important for management and boards to understand the utility’s cost structure and how it drives revenue requirements. The following topics will be covered:
- Cost-of-service studies and the nature of information provided to management and the board
- How marginal costs analysis can supplement traditional studies to develop electric rates
- Using the cost-of-service study to design rates and minimize customer impacts
- Why rates vary by type of customer and how to develop pricing signals
- The costs that rate components (facilities charge, energy, demand) are designed to recover
Speaker: Mark Beauchamp, CPA, CMA, MBA, President, Utility Financial Solutions, Holland, Mich.
- Individual webinars: $89 for APPA members; $179 for nonmembers
- The entire 9-part webinar series (one free webinar): $700 for APPA members; $1,400 for nonmembers
Click here for more information on the Utility Governance Series.
If you need assistance with obtaining a username and password, please contact APPA's web staff.
Please contact Heidi Lambert, APPA’s Education Manager: 202/467-2921; HLambert@PublicPower.org.