How Will The Virtual SGMM Navigation Work
August 15, 2013
2:00 – 3:30 p.m. ET
All you need to attend is a phone and a computer with Internet access!
This session will provide an overview of the SGMM and the APPA Virtual SGMM Navigation and is open is anyone who is interested in participating in the process. Interested utilities can sign up for the series after this introductory webinar.
What is the Smart Grid Maturity Model?
The Smart Grid Maturity Model is a management tool that provides a common language and framework for defining key elements of intelligent infrastructure transformation and helps utilities develop a programmatic approach and track their progress.
What is the SGMM Navigation process? How will we benefit?
The standard SGMM Navigation is a five-step process with a single utility organization, led by an SEI-Certified Navigator. The SGMM Navigation process gives utilities:
- a comprehensive view of intelligent infrastructure to help them consider the full scope of organizational and operational impacts
- a clear understanding of the utility’s current state of intelligent infrastructure implementation (and as related to its peers)
- a consensus view of the organization’s goals and aspirations, including motivations, actions required, and obstacles
- a common language and framework for planning and communication, both internally and with external stakeholders
- structured input into ongoing roadmapping, planning, and implementation
- an informed intelligent infrastructure maturity baseline from which to measure progress and build an actionable plan
Working together through the Navigation process helps all of a utility’s key players get on the same page about intelligent infrastructure within the organization.
How to Participate:
This is a free webinar. It is open to member utilities only.
If you need a username/password, please contact APPA's Web Department at info@PublicPower.org.
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to educationinfo@PublicPower.org