2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
Register now for this webinar.
Presented in cooperation with Hometown Connections.
This is the first in a two-part Customer Engagement Webinar Series. Sign up for webinars individually or register for both events at a discounted rate. You’ll also get access to recordings and slides for future reference.
This webinar series presents digital tools and strategies for improving the customer experience with your utility and increasing customer participation/retention in utility programs.
Today’s digital platforms offer new ways to engage your customers, improve their experiences with your utility, and drive up their energy program participation. During this webinar, public power officials will present best practices and lessons learned from the implementation of outbound digital communications strategies that include personal energy forecasting, customer service representative applications, video messaging, alerts, and more. Speakers will also address how to create a web presence and digital strategy that will appeal to customers under 35.
Case studies include:
- The city of Columbia (Mo.) is host to three colleges and rich in arts, theatre, and music. With the median age set near 27, the need for a digital engagement strategy is a must. Attendees will hear about the goals behind Columbia Water & Light’s online engagement initiatives, the tools they are using to attract customers to their digital channels, and results to date. A utility official will also share best practices and lessons learned from Columbia Water & Light’s implementation of an outbound digital communication strategy that spans energy forecasting, CSR applications, personal video messaging, alerts, and more. Their strategy is designed to increase participation in multiple residential programs and increase customer satisfaction among Columbia Water & Light’s fast growing customer base.
- Lakeland Electric (Fla.) rethought their online presence to reposition the utility as their customer’s trusted energy partner. Hear how the combination of their online initiatives—coupled with personalized, outbound, proactive messaging—transforms the customer experience and ensures customer engagement resulting in customer satisfaction.
Who Should Participate
- General managers and CEOs
- Senior utility executives
- Renewable/energy service program managers
- Customer service managers and reps
- Public communications professionals
- Information technology (IT) and operations technology (OT) personnel
- Bill Smart, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Hometown Connections, Arvada, Colorado
- Susan Gilbert, CEO, Apogee Interactive, Tucker, Georgia
- Dave Kus, Assistant General Manager, Customer Service, Lakeland Electric, Florida
- Derek Fast, Senior Rate Analyst, Columbia Water & Light Department, Missouri
Individual webinars: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
The two-part series (discounted rate): $150 for Association members; $300 for nonmembers
- Register for the series
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202/467-2976 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, you can have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Questions for Speakers
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar—email them to [email protected]. Questions may also be submitted online via chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2921 or [email protected].