2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
This is the fourth webinar in a 5-part Governance Webinar Series:
- Register for the Support Long-term Fiscal Fitness webinar.
- Register for the 5-part series at a discounted rate.
The 5-part Governance Webinar Series is designed to provide public power utility board and city council members with a comprehensive overview of the public power business model and the duties, responsibilities, and processes to achieve effective governance. Learn how to monitor utility, board, and CEO performance and discuss the opportunities and challenges the industry faces.
Are you prepared to ensure a financially stable utility? Review financial assessment tools and discuss re-investment policies to determine if your utility is fiscally fit and geared for future financial success. Learn about key indicators and benchmarks that help guide financial decisions, including age of system, minimum cash reserve levels, debt coverage ratios, operating income, target capital investment, rate structures, distributed energy resources, and other economic factors. Get tips on effective ways to engage with the CEO and finance staff without getting bogged down in the details.
Who Should Participate
Individuals on public power utility boards and city councils, and utility executives and staff who regularly interact with governing bodies. While the content is geared primarily toward those who are new to governance, seasoned board and council members will also benefit.
Dawn Lund, Vice President, Utility Financial Solutions, Leland, Michigan. Dawn has 20 years of experience in financial analysis for utility systems. She provides financial assessment, cost of service studies and financial plans for utilities throughout the country, Canada, Guam and the Caribbean and teaches a variety of financial planning courses for the American Public Power Association.
Individual webinars: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
The five-part series (discounted rate): $399 for Association members; $799 for nonmembers
- Register for the series.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, you can have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Questions for Speakers
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar — email them to [email protected]. Questions may also be submitted via online chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202-467-2921 or [email protected].