A smart city is one that leverages digital connectivity and data analytics to drive intelligent decision making. The goal of smart cities to leverage the latest technologies and business practices to improve the customer experience and benefit the community. Public power utilities, as part of local government, play a critical role in developing their communities. Discover how utilities like yours are leading the smart city conversation, developing roadmaps, leveraging connected technologies, analyzing data on energy use, and communicating with stakeholders. And understand what you risk by not being involved in smart city conversations in your community.
- Juliet Shavit, President, SmartMark Communications, LLC, Langhorne, Pennsylvania
- Karl Popham, Manager, Electric Vehicles & Emerging Technologies, Austin Energy, Texas
New loads, new considerations, and new ways of doing business — all your public power colleagues are talking about the need for change. Is your utility ready for a future in which the electricity generation, transmission, and distribution paradigm is poised shift significantly? What are other utilities doing to prepare to take on new technologies and new customer lifestyles? Learn from the experts and from the colleagues in this popular webinar series offered as part of the American Public Power Association’s Public Power Forward strategic initiative to help members prepare for a new era in electricity.
The webinars in this five-part series will all be held from 2 – 3:30 pm eastern. You can sign up for webinars individually or register for the full series at a discounted rate. Registration includes free access to audio recordings and slides from speakers.
Who Should Participate
- General managers and CEOs
- Senior utility executives
- Governing boards and policymakers
- Utility managers and future leaders in policy and strategy
- Public communications professionals
This is the third webinar in the Public Power Forward Webinar Series.
Individual webinars: $109 for APPA members; $209 for nonmembers
Click on each webinar title to register individually.
- Blockchain: The Why and How for Your Utility March 21
- Electric Vehicles: Accelerating to the Future April 3
- Smart Cities: Can Public Power Be an Enabler? April 23
- Electrification: New Loads, New Challenges May 7
- Rate Design: Changing to Meet New Needs May 21
The 5-part series: $425 for APPA members; $825 for nonmembers
- Register for the webinar series (5 webinars)
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2921 or [email protected].