In economic development, sites and buildings are your “product.” If you don’t have any product, or people don’t know about them, then your prospects for winning projects are greatly limited. Learn how to organize, map, and market existing sites and identify new sites for future development.
- Learn how to gather information about available sites and buildings, regardless of whether you own or control them
- Understand approaches to identifying new sites for future development to ensure you have a pipeline for new properties
- Learn about tools for organizing, mapping, and marketing your sites and buildings
This series is designed for utility staff who are involved in economic development, whether in a leadership position, account management, customer service, or policymaker role.
Whether you’re experienced in economic development or new this subject area, you’ll receive practical information and learn actionable tips that can be applied immediately.
This series is a logical continuation for those who attended the 2019 Economic Development series, also led by Ady Advantage.
This five-part series covers leading economic development issues and how to make your ED efforts successful. Discuss strategies and best practices, hear relevant case studies and examples, learn how the economic development industry is changing, and receive actionable tips and insights that can be applied immediately.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2997 or [email protected].
Registration is for one person (individuals receive unique log in credentials that cannot be shared). Discounted group pricing is available.
Individual webinars: $109 for members; $209 for nonmembers. Click on a webinar title to register individually:
- Organizational Capacity Readiness (Part 1): What It Means and Why It Matters: April 20
- Organizational Capacity Readiness (Part 2): Benchmarking: May 4
- Business Retention and Expansion Best Practices: May 11
- The Role of Placemaking in Economic Development: May 18
- Sites and Buildings: Their Role in Business Development: June 1
The 5-part series (discounted price): $495 for members; $995 for nonmembers
- Register for the series.
- Webinars are recorded, in case you miss the live version (registrants automatically receive the recording within 24 hours). Continuing education credits are not available for recorded events.
Save 50% when registering a group of 10 or more people. Contact [email protected] for details.
- You will need a username and password to register through our website. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please email [email protected].
- Registration is for one person (individual logins are unique and cannot be shared). If you have multiple employees participating from one designated location (e.g., a conference room), all can listen and watch, though the completion certificate is only available to registered individuals.
- We encourage you to use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line, if possible. This option provides the best audio quality and allows you to listen to the webinar through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- For best results, we recommend using Google Chrome to log into the ClickMeeting platform.
- Each webinar is worth 1 CEU / .1 PDH / 1.2 CPE credits; CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- Registrants are required to log in via the individual web link provided by email before the webinar and participate for at least 45 minutes of the event, in order to receive a completion certificate.
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar. Attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log. Certificates are emailed within a day of the event.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out within 24 hours of the webinar.
We encourage you to submit questions for the speaker(s) in advance by emailing [email protected]. You may also ask questions through a chat feature during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact [email protected].