Understanding how the site selection process works serves as the foundation for how to best market your community. Get an insider’s view of how companies make location decisions and (more importantly) what communities can do to attract their fair share of investment and jobs. The megatrends discussion uncovers key drivers impacting the location decision-making process and outlines the key success factors for a community’s economic development efforts.
This five-part series covers leading economic development issues and how to make your ED efforts successful. Discuss strategies and best practices, hear relevant case studies and examples, learn how the economic development industry is changing, and receive actionable tips and insights that can be applied immediately.
Who Should Participate
Designed for utility staff who are involved in economic development, whether in a leadership position, account management, customer service, or policymaker role.
The series is bookmarked by two 75-minute sessions geared towards both utility leaders and economic development practitioners, while the three middle webinars (60 minutes each) are geared more toward economic development practitioners.
Whether you’re experienced in economic development or new this subject area, you’ll receive practical information and learn actionable tips that can be applied immediately.
Janet Ady, President & CEO, AdyAdvantage, Madison, Wisconsin
Individual webinar: $109 for APPA members; $209 for nonmembers
Click on each webinar title to register individually.
- The Site Selection Process and Megatrends: July 8 (75 minutes)
- Marketing to Site Selectors: July 22 (60 minutes)
- Best Practices in RFI Responses: August 5 (60 minutes)
- Community Branding and Marketing: August 19 (60 minutes)
- Economic Development Reimagined: August 26 (75 minutes)
The 5-part series (discounted price): $495 for APPA members; $995 for nonmembers
- Register for the series.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 8 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2997 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPE/.1 CEU/1.25 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202-467-2997 or [email protected].