In lean times, it is more important than ever for utilities to re-evaluate all potential sources of revenue—especially if it means generating revenue from ways other than raising regular rates. Learn how strategies such as economic development rates, line extension fees, miscellaneous fees, and allocation studies can provide a helpful revenue boost if reimagined for a time of need.
- Evaluate current revenue sources
- Overview of line extension fees and economic development rates
- Update miscellaneous fee schedules
- Determine a proper allocation of administrative cost
General managers, policymakers (board and council members), finance and accounting personnel, rate analysts, financial planners, and other utility personnel involved in financial planning at electric, water, wastewater and gas utilities.
These practical webinars use real-world examples and case studies from public power utilities across the nation, making them appropriate for non-finance personnel as well.
Dawn Lund is the vice president of Utility Financial Solutions and has 25 years of experience in financial analysis for utility systems. She provides financial assessment, cost of service studies and financial plans for utilities throughout the country, Canada, Guam and the Caribbean and teaches a variety of financial planning courses for APPA.
COVID-19 has upended utilities operations and planning from many angles. This 4-part series offers utilities practical financial planning guidance that ensures short-term solutions don’t disrupt long-term stability. Discuss alternative revenue recovery options, how to determine a fair payment to the city, and how other utilities are addressing the affordability issue.
Contact [email protected].
Registration is for one person (individuals receive unique log in credentials that cannot be shared). Discounted group pricing is available.
Individual webinars: $109 for members; $209 for nonmembers. Click on a webinar title to register individually:
- Financial Planning Amid Uncertainty: May 26
- Rethinking Revenue Beyond Rates: June 4
- Balancing Risk in Balancing the City's Budget: June 16
- Rate Design and Communicating Value: June 23
The 4-part series (discounted price): $400 for APPA members; $800 for nonmembers
- Register for the series.
- Webinars are recorded, in case you miss the live version (registrants automatically receive the recording within 24 hours). Continuing education credits are not available for recorded events.
Save 50% when registering a group of 10 or more people. Contact [email protected] for details.
- You will need a username and password to register through our website. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please email [email protected].
- Registration is for one person (individual logins are unique and cannot be shared). If you have multiple employees participating from one designated location (e.g., a conference room), all can listen and watch, though the completion certificate is only available to registered individuals.
- We encourage you to use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line, if possible. This option provides the best audio quality and allows you to listen to the webinar through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- For best results, we recommend using Google Chrome to log into the ClickMeeting platform.
- Each webinar is worth 1 CEU/.1 PDH/1.2 CPE credits; CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- Registrants are required to log in via the individual web link provided by email before the webinar and participate for at least 45 minutes of the event, in order to receive a completion certificate.
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar. Attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log. Certificates are emailed within a day of the event.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out within 24 hours of the webinar.
We encourage you to submit questions for the speaker(s) in advance by emailing [email protected]. You may also ask questions through a chat feature during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact [email protected].