Cyber attacks are a growing and rapidly changing challenge that utilities face and must be prepared to mitigate. Just as these attacks are constantly evolving, a utility's immediate response plan must also adapt. Northern California Power Agency plunged into solving this problem with the execution of a tabletop incident response exercise.
In this webinar you will learn how to use the toolkit they developed, which features template resources such as an incident response plan; sample exercise agenda; and participant instructional memos. The exercise simulates an attack scenario and gives the opportunity to go through your incident response plan to help strengthen your utility's cyber-security readiness.
NCPA received DEED funding to have a Cybersecurity Analyst intern to help plan, develop, and coordinate the Cybersecurity Incident Response tabletop exercise.
Join DEED on Wednesday, January 30 at 2:00 PM EST to hear from staff at the American Public Power Association, NCPA and their student intern that planned and executed this project.
- Bob Caracristi, Manager, Information Services and Power Settlements, Northern California Power Agency
- Joel Cahill, Student, California State University, Sacramento
- Sam Rozenberg, Engineering Services Security Manager, American Public Power Association
- FREE to DEED Members
- $99 for Association Members, Individual, and Corporate Members (Non-DEED)
- $199 for Non-Association Members
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please contact Janet Araque at 202-467-2942 or [email protected].
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, it is permissible to have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- Attendees can also use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) when they log into the webinar, as an alternative to using their phone line. This option allows participants to play the webinar audio through their computer’s microphone and speakers.
- This webinar is worth 1.2 CPE/.1 CEU/1.0 PDH credits
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out 1-2 days after the webinar occurs.
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently, we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to [email protected].
Contact Janet Araque, DEED & Engineering Services Assistant, at (202) 467-2942 or JAraq[email protected]