In this webinar, representatives from the credit rating agencies will discuss their outlook for public power and the electric utility industry for 2019. Hear about current issues that may affect the bond ratings of public power entities, trends in credit ratings, public power’s strengths and weaknesses, and steps boards and managers should take to assure the financial strength of your organization.
Specific topics include:
- Public power business model strengths and challenges
- Trends in capex and the impact on leverage and affordability
- The evolving environment for emissions regulations and the challenges of integrating intermittent renewable resources
Who Should Participate
Designed for utility employees at both the professional and management levels, in the fields of accounting and finance. The webinar is also recommended for utility employees with interests and responsibilities in the topics listed, or with cross-departmental responsibilities, as well as rising stars and future leaders those who would benefit from learning more about these areas.
- A.J. Sabatelle, Associate Managing Director, Global Project & Infrastructure Finance Group, Moody’s Investors Service, New York, N.Y.
- David Bodek, Senior Director, U.S. Public Finance Infrastructure, Public Power Sector Leader, Standard & Poor’s Rating Service, New York, N.Y.
- Dennis Pidherny, Managing Director, Public Finance, Sector Head – U.S. Public Power, Fitch Ratings, New York, N.Y.
This two-part webinar series is designed to help educate public power utilities on current trends and issues affecting utility bond ratings. Through these webinars, you will learn the ins and outs of how rating agencies evaluate a utility’s bond rating and hear what actions public power utilities can take to maintain or improve their bond ratings.
This is the first of two webinars in the Rating Agency for Public Power Webinar Series.
Individual webinar: $109 for Association members; $209 for nonmembers
The 2-part series: $160 for Association members; $320 for nonmembers
- Register for the series (2 webinars) at a discounted rate.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 8 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2921 or [email protected].