2 - 3:30 p.m. Eastern
Effective internal communication is much more than managing and distributing information and policies. A strong internal communications strategy can ignite passion for your mission, cultivate a healthy workplace, foster the development of a community among staff, and encourage employees to be better ambassadors for the utility when they are out in the community. Learn about creative ways your peers are getting key messages out to staff, hosting creative meetings, and finding new spokespersons to better tell their story.
This is the sixth webinar in the Raising Awareness of Public Power Webinar Series designed to help you raise awareness of public power in your community.
As competition evolves in new and different forms, it’s more important than ever before to share the unique benefits of public power with multiple stakeholders. Whether in times of storm or calm, several easy, low-cost outreach initiatives can help you build lasting community trust and goodwill. Learn how utilities like yours are engaging audiences through different communication channels and community involvement. Up your game on outage and scam communications. And get best practices in employee communications. Our series of seven webinars is designed for utilities of all sizes, at any level in the communications journey.
- Kelly Simonsen, Marketing and Communications Manager, Easton Utilities, Maryland
- Nicole Stiff, Communications/Community Relations Assoc., Fayetteville Public Works Commission, North Carolina
This is the sixth of seven webinars in the Raising Awareness of Public Power Webinar Series.
Individual webinar: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the Rallying the Troops: Internal Communications Best Practices webinar.
The seven-part series (includes two free webinars): $495 for Association members; $995 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the 7-part series.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202-467-2965 or [email protected].