Public power utilities—particularly in the Southeast—have recently found themselves targeted for takeover bids by large private equity firms—i.e., Bernhard Capital Partners (BCP). Throughout the course of these attempts, BCP has developed, evolved, and executed a consistent game plan used to influence decision-making and tip the scales in their favor. This webinar will provide an overview of the tactics used by private equity firms such as BCP to help utilities identify and manage potential threats.
The webinar will also provide an overview of a new APPA Member Toolkit: Protecting Public Power from Private Equity Takeovers. This toolkit is intended to be a resource for your utility and your allies to use when facing a private equity takeover. The materials in this toolkit will help you educate and communicate with local decision-makers and the press to combat private equity campaigns and defend your utility and the public power business model in your community.
- Annie Curtiss, Senior Associate and Daniel Vu, Managing Director, PLUS Communications
- Wes Battle, Senior Vice President of Communications, and Brian Donahue, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, CRAFT
- Zoom Webinar Application: You’ll need a strong Internet connection, in order to run the Zoom webinar platform. Visit Zoom.us/test to ensure you are able to join a meeting.
- Audio: We recommend using your computer mic/audio to listen to the webinar (alternatively a call-in number will be provided).
Login Credentials and Recording
- Zoom Links: Zoom login credentials will be sent out 24 hours before the start of the webinar and a reminder will go out one hour before the event.
- Recording: This webinar will be recorded and will automatically be emailed to attendees within a week after the event.
Email: [email protected]; Phone: 202-467-2982
Email: [email protected]