2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
Held in cooperation with Hometown Connections.
This is the first of three webinars in the Strategic Planning Webinar Series.
- Click here to register for Prepare for Change: Blueprinting Your Strategic Plan webinar.
- Click here to register for the 3-part series at a discounted rate.
This three-part webinar series dives into all you need to know about the value of a strategic plan, how to create a plan suited to your organization, and how to implement that plan. You’ll learn how to engage policymakers and staff, set realistic timetables and budgets, select the right process for your utility, and when and how to hire consultants. You also will take a deep dive into managing financial operations as part of long-term performance planning.
This is not your grandfather’s electric industry—it is evolving every day. If you want to take a hard look at how you should evolve with the times and take control of your future, join us for this webinar.
Understand how you and your customers will be impacted by new technologies, new power sources, new competitors, and changing customer expectations, as experts give you an environmental scan.
Walk through what a strategic planning process for public power can look like. Understand how to identify operational strengths and weaknesses, build consensus, and create alignment around key utility and community priorities. Leave the webinar knowing how to create a realistic blueprint to adapt to market and policy changes as well as new customer needs and preferences.
- Is your organization prepared for industry changes?
- Is your organization ready to start strategic planning?
- How do you facilitate strategic plan development and buy-in from staff and governing officials?
- How do you communicate the goals of the plan to your organization and community?
Who Should Participate
- CEOs, general managers, senior executives, board/council members, and others involved in strategic planning
- The series reviews strategic planning options for public power utilities of different sizes and with a variety of governing structures. The webinars also review strategic planning for state associations and joint action agencies.
Steve VanderMeer, Senior Vice President of Planning & Marketing, Hometown Connections, Fort Collins, Colorado
Steve joined Hometown Connections in 1998 and provides consulting, training and facilitation support to public power utilities and their governing boards. He has worked with a wide range of municipal governments and non-profit organizations on strategic planning, governance, organizational assessments, public participation, market research and customer service issues. He has facilitated several board planning retreats and interviewed staff and governing board members at dozens of utilities, which has helped him developed strong insights into public utility governance and strategic planning issues. He is the author of the Association’s Customer Service: Building a Strong Infrastructure for Your Utility publication. Previously, Steve worked at Fort Collins Utilities where he was the Director of Marketing and Energy Services.
Individual webinars: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the Prepare for Change: Blueprinting Your Strategic Plan webinar.
The three-part series (discounted rate): $250 for Association members; $550 for nonmembers
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202/467-2976 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202/467-2965 or [email protected].