Transit agencies across the country are swapping diesel for electricity to fuel their fleets. If your local transit agency adopted a fully electric fleet, it could become one of your largest customers. Join this webinar to learn about zero-emission bus deployments and what roles utilities should have in the process. Review a case study of a successful partnership between a transit agency and utility and discuss how to identify and foster mutually beneficial opportunities with customers that are deploying large fleets of electric vehicles.
- Overview of Zero-Emission Bus (ZEB) Deployments and the Role of electric utilities throughout the ZEB deployment process
- Case study of a Transit agency/Electric Utility Partnership
- Guidance on how to engage with your Transit Agency Customers
Who Should Participate
This webinar is designed for utility leadership and staff involved in strategy, policy, service and sustainability planning; and those involved in engaging utility stakeholders and key accounts.
- Dom Kom, Director of Electrical Services, City of Ames, Iowa
- Amy Posner, and Alison Smyth, Engineering Consultants, Center for Transportation and the Environment, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Dan Raudebaugh, Executive Director, Center for Transportation and the Environment, Atlanta, Georgia
Individual webinar: $109 for APPA members; $209 for nonmembers
Click on the webinar title to register
- Powering the Zero-Emission Bus Industry: How Your Utility Can Lead the Charge - August 15 (90 minutes)
Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 8 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2997 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- This webinar is worth 1.8 CPE/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202-467-2997 or [email protected].