2 - 3:30 p.m. Eastern
When did you last update your crisis communications plan? Does it address the new demands and possibilities engendered by social media as well as the 24/7 news cycle? Are you prepared to tell a good story when you give and get mutual aid? Get some updates and tips from the veterans of many storms and crises, including the brutal hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017 that commanded national media attention for months.
This is the fourth webinar in the Raising Awareness of Public Power Webinar Series designed to help you raise awareness of public power in your community.
As competition evolves in new and different forms, it’s more important than ever to share the unique benefits of public power with multiple stakeholders. Whether in times of storm or calm, several easy, low-cost outreach initiatives can help you build lasting community trust and goodwill. Learn how utilities like yours are engaging audiences through different communication channels and community involvement. Up your game on outage and scam communications. And get best practices in employee communications. Our series of seven webinars is designed for utilities of all sizes, at any level in the communications journey.
- Thomas Fladung, Vice President, Hennes Communications, Cleveland, Ohio
- Chris Riley, Communications and Community Outreach Manager, Norwich Public Utilities, Connecticut
- Ethan Riegelhaupt, Vice President, Corporate Communications, New York Power Authority, White Plains, New York
This is the fourth of seven webinars in the Raising Awareness of Public Power Webinar Series.
Individual webinar: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the Outage Communications: Stepping Up Your Game webinar.
The seven-part series (includes two free webinars): $495 for Association members; $995 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the 7-part series.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202-467-2965 or [email protected].