2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
Register now for this webinar.
State and local governments are still recovering from the massive shift in U.S. Federal tax policy brought about by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. This webinar on tax-exempt financing will review how we got here, where we are today, and where we may be heading, with a focus on the repeal of tax-exempt advance refundings.
- Review of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, including a brief summary of proposed versions and final enacted provisions directly affecting municipal bonds
- Discussion of potential collateral effects on municipal bonds, including issues related to the elimination of advance refundings and the increased value of state tax exemption for taxable municipal debt
- Review of legislation being developed by the Association to reinstate advance refunding bonds, and otherwise modernize municipal bonds
Who Should Participate
Public power executives, managers, policymakers, accounting and finance personnel, and others who are interested in these topics.
- John Godfrey, Senior Government Relations Director, American Public Power Association, Arlington, Va. John Godfrey represents the Association on federal legislative and regulatory financial issues and led the Association’s efforts to retain the underlying tax-exemption for municipal bonds during the 2018 tax reform debate.
- Edwin Oswald, Partner, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, Washington, D.C.
- John Stanley, Senior Associate, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, San Francisco, Calif.
Click here to register for the webinar. Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- Association Members: $99
- Nonmembers: $199
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact us.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, you can have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Submit Questions in Advance
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar—email them to [email protected]. Questions may also be submitted online via chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202-467-2965 or [email protected].