2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
- Click here to register for Meeting New GASB Standards webinar.
- Click here to register for the 6-part series at a discounted rate.
This is the third in a 6-part Accounting & Finance Webinar Series. Review public power case studies and get insights from the experts on key accounting and finance topics. Learn about new standards, regulatory requirements, and future trends, while earning CPE credits. Sign up for webinars individually or register for the full series at a discounted rate. You’ll also get access to recordings and slides for future reference.
New and revised accounting standards are being issued at a rapid pace, requiring you to review accounting structures for proper implementation and financial statements for transparent reporting. There have been several new governmental accounting standards over the past few years—many with huge impacts to utility statements. Review some of the newer standards that will affect your utility. Learn, through real-life examples, how to communicate the changes to your governing body. Understand how to interpret your financial statements after applying the new standards.
- GASB 74/75 on other postemployment benefits
- GASB 83 on asset retirement obligations
- GASB 84 on fiduciary activities
- GASB 86 on certain debt extinguishment issues
- GASB 87 on leases
- GASB 88 on certain debt-related disclosures
Who Should Participate
The series reviews key accounting and finance topics for public power utilities of different sizes and with a variety of governing structures. CEOs, general managers, finance and accounting personnel, rate analysts, and other utility staff involved in management and financial planning will benefit.
Jodi Dobson, CPA, Partner, Energy and Utilities Group, Baker Tilly, Madison, Wisconsin. Jodi has been with Baker Tilly since 1998. She specializes in serving municipal utilities, joint action agencies, and not-for-profit organizations. Her experience includes performing financial audits, agreed-upon procedure reviews, and fraud investigations as well as preparing rate studies, cost of service studies, rate designs, and financial forecasts.
Bethany Ryers, CPA, Manager, Energy and Utilities Group, Baker Tilly, Madison, Wisconsin. Bethany has been with Baker Tilly since 2006. She specializes in providing auditing, accounting, and consulting services to utilities. Her clients include some of the largest public power systems in the United States and she has helped them with implementing the latest GASB statements. She is involved with a number of state electric, water, and wastewater organizations and is also a member of the AICPA and several state accounting associations.
Individual webinars: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the Meeting New GASB Standards webinar.
The six-part series (discounted rate): $495 for Association members; $995 for nonmembers
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202/467-2976 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202/467-2965 or [email protected].