2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
This is the second in series of two webinars:
- Register for the Maintaining or Improving Your Utility's Bond Rating webinar.
- Register now for the 2-part series at a discounted rate.
This two-part series is designed to help educate public power utilities on current trends and issues affecting utility bond ratings. Through these webinars, you will learn the ins and outs of how rating agencies evaluate a utility’s bond rating, and hear what actions public power utilities can take to maintain or improve their bond ratings.
One of the important jobs of utility finance executives is to maintain or improve the utility’s bond rating. Improving the utility’s rating lowers interest rates on borrowings and is a best practice in utility financial management.
Hear what the rating agencies use in their evaluation of the utility’s bond rating and learn strategies to improve the utility’s financial health and credit worthiness in the eyes of the lending community.
- Key components of bond ratings
- Items that rating agencies look for in your financial statements
- What does a poor rating cost your ratepayers?
- Establishing benchmarks to measure financial performance
- Public power case studies and best practices
- Long-term planning and budgeting for a better bond rating
- Russ Hissom, CPA, CIA, CISA, Partner, Energy and Utilities Group, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, Madison, Wis.
Individual webinars: $99 for Association; $199 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for this individual webinar
The two-part series (discounted rate): $150 for Association members; $300 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the series
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact us.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, you can have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Submit Questions in Advance
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar—email them to [email protected]. Questions may also be submitted online via chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202-467-2965 or [email protected].