2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
This is the third in a series of five Public Power Governance webinars:
- Register for the Know Your Statutory and Fiduciary Duties webinar.
- Register for the 5-part series at a discounted rate.
This 5-part Governance Webinar Series is designed to provide public power utility board and city council members with a comprehensive overview of the public power business model and the duties, responsibilities, and processes to achieve effective governance. Learn how to monitor utility, board, and CEO performance and discuss the opportunities and challenges the industry faces.
As a public power governing board member, you are required to adhere to the letter and spirit of an array of local, state, and federal rules. Learn about the statutory and fiduciary duties incumbent upon public power governance officials versus utility managers. Get guidance on how to review by-laws and charter documents and open meetings and records provisions to understand and meet all requirements. Discuss ways to reduce conflicts of interest and develop information and reporting systems that ensure duty of care and support effective interaction with regulatory agencies.
Who Should Participate
Individuals on public power utility boards and city councils, and utility executives and staff who regularly interact with governing bodies. While the content is geared primarily toward those who are new to governance, seasoned board and council members will also benefit.
Tim Blodgett, President & CEO, Hometown Connections, Golden, Colorado. Tim is president and CEO of Hometown Connections, the utility services subsidiary of the American Public Power Association, and is responsible for Hometown’s overall efforts in delivering value to public power utilities. He and his team have worked extensively with hundreds of APPA members in the areas of strategic planning, governance and organization development. Tim brings experience from the investor-owned and public power sectors. Prior to joining Hometown he was the director of sales for En-able, an affiliate of KN Energy and PacifiCorp, where he assisted energy distribution companies with their customer care programs.
Individual webinars: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
The five-part series (discounted rate): $399 for Association members; $799 for nonmembers
- Register for the series.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, you can have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Questions for Speakers
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar — email them to [email protected]. Questions may also be submitted via online chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202-467-2921 or [email protected].