As new major accounting standards continue to be issued at a rapid pace, it can be difficult to ensure that your review of accounting structures and financial statements is being implemented properly. Review which standards are new for this year’s financial reporting, including Accounting for Leases, and learn what you can do now to prepare for those on the horizon.
- Practical application of recent governmental accounting standards
- Impact of the GASB lease standard on public power utilities
- Strategies for reporting new accounting standards
- Preparing to implement future GASB standards
This three-part series offers utility finance professionals guidance in enhancing their utility’s day-to-day operations through advanced strategies. Explore the implications of the latest Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards, review options for accounting recording mechanisms for rate recovery, and learn about the potential of internal audit projects and reviews on organizational efficiency. Receive practical applications for daily situations and best practices in the utility industry.
Utility finance professionals with intermediate to advanced experience.
Jodi Dobson, CPA
Jodi joined Baker Tilly in 1998 and is a partner in the Energy and Utilities Group. Jodi specializes in serving municipal utilities (electric, water, wastewater, stormwater and transit) and joint action agencies. Her experience includes performing financial audits, single audits, agreed-upon procedure reviews and fraud investigations as well as preparing rate studies, cost of service studies, rate designs and financial forecasts. She is head of quality assurance in implementation and presentation of governmental accounting standards.
Bethany Ryers, CPA, MAS
Bethany is a Firm Director in Baker Tilly's energy practice with a focus on assurance and advisory services for power and utility organizations. Bethany has helped some of the country’s largest public power systems implement the latest governmental accounting standards. She is involved with a number of state electric, water and wastewater organizations and is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and several state accounting associations. Bethany is co-author of the recent publication Advanced Public Utility Accounting.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2997 or [email protected]
Individual webinars: $109 for members; $209 for nonmembers
Please click on each webinar title to register individually:
- Keeping Up with Governmental Accounting Standards: April 14
- Rate Design and Purchased Power: Cost Recovery Strategies: April 21
- Finding Operational Efficiencies with Internal Audits: May 5
The 3-part series (discounted price): $275 for members; $550 for nonmembers
- Register for the series.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2997 or [email protected].
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2997 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1 CPEs/.1 CEU/1 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.