2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
- Click here to register for How to Set and Achieve Revenue Targets webinar.
- Click here to register for the 6-part series at a discounted rate.
This is the second in a 6-part Accounting & Finance Webinar Series. Review public power case studies and get insights from the experts on key accounting and finance topics. Learn about new standards, regulatory requirements, and future trends, while earning CPE credits. Sign up for webinars individually or register for the full series at a discounted rate. You’ll also get access to recordings and slides for future reference.
Revenue requirements are a critical but little understood financial target at a utility. They determine the amount and timing of rate adjustments, which in turn are influenced by social and political factors. Learn how to determine revenue requirements—taking into account all influential factors—and achieve them.
- Rationale and methods to determine revenue requirements
- Financial factors in rate adjustments
- Monitoring cash flows and cash reserves
- Consequences of forgoing needed rate adjustments
- Communicating about rate adjustments
Who Should Participate
The series reviews key accounting and finance topics for public power utilities of different sizes and with a variety of governing structures. CEOs, general managers, finance and accounting personnel, rate analysts, and other utility staff involved in management and financial planning will benefit.
Dawn Lund, Vice President, Utility Financial Solutions, Leland, Michigan. Dawn has 20 years of experience in financial analysis for utility systems. She provides financial assessment, cost of service studies and financial plans for utilities throughout the country, Canada, Guam and the Caribbean and teaches a variety of financial planning courses for the American Public Power Association.
Individual webinars: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the How to Set and Achieve Revenue Targets webinar.
The six-part series (discounted rate): $495 for Association members; $995 for nonmembers
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202/467-2976 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Accounting
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202/467-2965 or [email protected].