American utilities continue to be popular targets for hackers. In response to increasing ransomware attacks targeting our critical infrastructure sectors, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) started a Ransomware Awareness Campaign to highlight the threat to our Nation’s critical assets. Learn about the different types of ransomware targeting utilities and ways to protect, detect, and respond to a potential attack. Join us to learn about the tools and resources that CISA can provide to help your organization prepare to Reduce the Risk of Ransomware.
This event is free and open to all APPA members, including utility, joint action agency, state/regional association, and corporate associate members.
- Participants familiarize themselves with the resources available on CISA.gov/ransomware
- Attendees will understand the types of ransomware currently targeting utilities and ways to protect their networks against potential attacks
- Familiarity with which federal departments and agencies to contact in event of a ransomware incident
IT and security professionals, emergency management professionals,
- Amy Nicewick, Section Chief of Communication Management, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
- Ben Gilbert, Cybersecurity Advisor, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency