This three-part webinar series dives into all you need to know about the value of a strategic plan, how to create a plan suited to your organization, and how to implement that plan. You’ll learn how to engage policymakers and staff, set realistic timetables and budgets, select the right process for your utility, and when and how to hire consultants. You also will take a deep dive into managing financial operations as part of long-term performance planning.
Held in cooperation with Hometown Connections.
Webinars take place from 2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern. You can sign up for all three webinars at a discount or attend any of them individually. Recordings and a PDF copy of the slides from the webinars are available to registrants.
- Prepare for Change: Blueprinting Your Strategic Plan: July 26, 2018
- Finances and Performance: Building Your Strategic Plan: August 16, 2018
- Down to Brass Tacks: Implementing Your Strategic Plan: September 6, 2018
Who Should Participate
- CEOs, general managers, senior executives, board/council members, and others involved in strategic planning
- The series reviews strategic planning options for public power utilities of different sizes and with a variety of governing structures. The webinars also review strategic planning for state associations and joint action agencies.
- Patricia Cruz, Vice President of Consulting & Training, Hometown Connections, Austin, Texas
- Phyllis Currie, Executive Consultant, Hometown Connections, Pasadena, California
- Steve VanderMeer, Senior Vice President of Planning & Marketing, Hometown Connections, Fort Collins, Colorado
Individual webinars: $99 for members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click on the webinar titles above to register individually.
The 3-part series (discounted rate): $250 for members; $550 for nonmembers
- Register for the series.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202/467-2976 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
- CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Submit Questions in Advance
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar—email them to [email protected]. Questions may also be submitted online via chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202-467-2921 or [email protected].