Held in cooperation with Hometown Connections.
Today’s customers expect instant, effective, and personalized communication with virtually all businesses and organizations. To keep pace with these expectations and to solidify relationships with their customers during a time of great change in the industry, public power utilities are devoting resources to web-based Customer Engagement programs and activities.
Customer Engagement focuses on the ongoing interactive connection between the consumer and the utility. This webinar series presents digital tools and strategies for improving the customer experience with your utility and increasing customer participation/retention in utility programs.
The two-part series includes the following webinars—each held from 2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern. You can sign up for webinars individually or register for the full series at a discounted rate. You’ll also get access to recordings and slides for future reference.
Who Should Participate
- General managers and CEOs
- Senior utility executives
- Renewable/energy service program managers
- Customer service managers and reps
- Public communications professionals
- Information technology (IT) and operations technology (OT) personnel
- Susan Gilbert, CEO, Apogee Interactive, Tucker, Georgia
- Dave Kus, Assistant General Manager, Customer Service, Lakeland Electric, Florida
- Rick Luna, Senior Manager, Energy Management, CPS Energy, San Antonio, Texas
- Paul Spencer, Founder and CEO, Clean Energy Collective, Louisville, Colorado
- Jim Windsor, Assistant Director, Columbia Water & Light Department, Missouri
Individual webinars: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click on the webinar titles above to register for the individual events
The 2-part series (discounted rate): $150 for Association members; $300 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the series
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact us.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2976 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, you can have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Submit Questions in Advance
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar—email them to [email protected]. Questions may also be submitted online via chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202-467-2921 or [email protected].