Learn about engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts, their provisions, techniques, principles and major contract clauses. Hear best practices for negotiating and drafting an EPC contract for a power and energy project. Identify the different alternative project delivery approaches and pricing models and the important differences between them. Review tips and techniques for anticipating and avoiding problem areas and potential claims.
Who Should Participate
- Project development and construction executives
- Senior project managers
- Owner representatives
- Legal counsel
- EPC contractors
- Project lenders and project insurers
Judah Lifschitz, Esq. is Principal and Co-President of Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram and has extensive experience representing clients in the power and energy sector with regard to EPC contracts and construction of power plants. His clients include utilities, merchant energy owners, and developers. His experience includes winning one of the largest liquidated damages awards in the history of the construction industry relating to the late completion of a 1,080-megawatt combined cycle power plant in NY.
Judah is an extraordinarily experienced trial attorney having tried cases to verdict in virtually every type of adjudicative forum – state and federal bench and jury trials, arbitrations, and Boards of Contract Appeals.He is regularly recognized as a Super Lawyer and a preeminent lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Lifschitz writes and lectures frequently on topics relating to construction law, EPC contracts, and power and energy.
This two-part webinar series provides an overview of the different structures and pricing models for EPC contracts for power and energy projects and the most impactful risks affecting public power. Learn best practices for drafting EPC contract provisions, common problem areas that result in claims and major disputes, and techniques for avoiding issues. Hear real-world examples of major claims and disputes involving power and energy projects and how they were resolved.
This is the first of two webinars in the Best Practices in EPC Contracts for Power & Energy Projects webinar series.
Individual webinar: $109 for Association members; $209 for nonmembers
- Register for the EPC Contracts: Fundamentals of Power & Energy Projects webinar: May 16
The 2-part series: $160 for Association members; $320 for nonmembers
- Register for the series (2 webinars) at a discounted rate.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.