The Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) rule includes requirements for oil spill prevention, preparedness and response to prevent oil discharges to navigable waters and adjoining shorelines. The rule requires specific facilities to prepare, amend, and implement SPCC Plans. The rule also includes special provisions to reduce the burden on electrical facilities and small facilities.
This webinar is designed to assist participants with their SPCC compliance. Please join Environmental Protection Agency’s Mark Howard as he walks participants through elements of the SPCC program, applicability to municipal utilities and cooperatives, including a discussion on options and provisions in the SPCC rule that may reduce the compliance burden to electric generating facilities. The webinar is designed to support our sector’s SPCC implementation and compliance.
- Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasures (SPCC) requirements for electric utility facilities, especially small facilities
- Which SPCC requirements apply
- Enforcement and Inspection
- How to comply- including deadlines and options for small facilities
- SPCC plan template for small facilities
- Decommissioning considerations
Public power utility and cooperative technical personnel, safety managers and facility operators.
This webinar will be held at three separate times for two different audiences. This webinar is available to Association members only at no cost. Click on the individual link to register for the time slot that is appropriate for you:
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET – For public power utilities and co-ops with generation and above-ground tank storage
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 9:00 a.m. – Noon ET – For transmission and distribution utilities and co-ops
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET (Repeat of 9:00 a.m. webinar) – For transmission and distribution utilities and Co-ops
Mark Howard is an Environmental Scientist with the Headquarters Office of the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Emergency Management (OEM), Regulation Implementation Division (RID) in Washington D.C. He is the Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) National Technical Expert. He also serves as the SPCC Team Leader, national project manager for the Inspector’s Training Program, the Oil Program representative/instructor for the OSC academy, and the lead for the Oil Program Technical Workgroup. He is also the lead technical member of the SPCC rulemaking workgroup and is one of the authors of the SPCC rule (40 CFR part 112).
Have registration questions? Contact [email protected] or 202-467-2965.
Have content questions? Contact Jill Allen at [email protected] or 202-467-2909.