Low-income households face high costs of energy and water consumption, primarily because they inhabit older and less efficient houses. Gainesville Regional Utilities (GRU) tackled this problem directly through a team approach involving researchers at the University of Florida and the Community Weatherization Coalition (CWC). They worked together in targeted neighborhoods to formally outline the successful approach that the CWC has developed over the years, measure and verify the impact that energy audits have had to date, develop a community-based social marketing campaign, carry out enhanced audits and compare their results, calculate carbon offsets from home energy audits, and produce materials to document results and best practices for home energy & water audits.
Join DEED on Thursday, November 29 at 2:00 PM eastern time to hear from staff at GRU that planned and executed this project.
- Marianne Schmink, Advisory Board President, Community Weatherization Coalition
- Matthew Bruce, Energy and Business Services, Gainesville Regional Utilities
- Vanessa Aragon, Residential Efficiency Program Coordinator, Gainesville Regional Utilities
- FREE to DEED Members
- $99 for Association Members, Individual, and Corporate Members (Non-DEED)
- $199 for Non-members
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please contact DEED staff at 202-467-2960 or D[email protected].
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, it is permissible to have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- Attendees can also use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) when they log into the webinar, as an alternative to using their phone line. This option allows participants to play the webinar audio through their computer’s microphone and speakers.
- This webinar is worth 1.2 CPE/.1 CEU/1.0 PDH credits
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out 1-2 days after the webinar occurs.
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently, we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to [email protected].