2 - 3:30 p.m. Eastern
Struggling to keep up with the latest in the constantly changing world of social media? Come and get tips from the experts on how to enhance the quality of your content, conversations, and engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Nextdoor, and other channels. Learn how to create great videos, images, and text. Discover the power of “stories.” Review your boosting and targeting strategies in the face of changing algorithms. Learn to better leverage geotags, hashtags, micro influencers, and advocates. Leave knowing how to make smarter social media decisions to make the most of your limited time and resources.
This is the third webinar in the Raising Awareness of Public Power Webinar Series designed to help you raise awareness of public power in your community.
As competition evolves in new and different forms, it’s more important than ever before to share the unique benefits of public power with multiple stakeholders. Whether in times of storm or calm, several easy, low-cost outreach initiatives can help you build lasting community trust and goodwill. Learn how utilities like yours are engaging audiences through different communication channels and community involvement. Up your game on outage and scam communications. And get best practices in employee communications. Our series of seven webinars is designed for utilities of all sizes, at any level in the communications journey.
- Sam Gonzales, Director, Digital and Social Media American Public Power Association, Arlington, Virginia
- Erica Peden, Communications Specialist, Athens Utilities Board, Tennessee
This is the third of seven webinars in the Raising Awareness of Public Power Webinar Series.
Individual webinar: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the Driving Engagement in the New Social Media Landscape webinar.
The seven-part series (includes two free webinars): $495 for Association members; $995 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the 7-part series.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202-467-2965 or [email protected].