2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
Held in cooperation with Hometown Connections.
This is the last of three webinars in the Strategic Planning Webinar Series.
- Click here to register for Down to Brass Tacks: Implementing Your Strategic Plan webinar.
- Click here to register for the 3-part series at a discounted rate.
This three-part webinar series dives into all you need to know about the value of a strategic plan, how to create a plan suited to your organization, and how to implement that plan. You’ll learn how to engage policymakers and staff, set realistic timetables and budgets, select the right process for your utility, and when and how to hire consultants. You also will take a deep dive into managing financial operations as part of long-term performance planning.
Many strategic plans are crafted with great effort, only to gather dust on the shelf while organizations go about business as usual. Finalizing your strategic plan should be the beginning, not the end, of your journey. Once you adopt a strategic plan, the next critical step is to design a realistic tactical plan to implement it.
Focused on where the rubber meets the road, this webinar gets into the details of staying the course. Join us to learn how you can keep all stakeholders aware of the plan’s progress, avoid common pitfalls in implementation, and engage productively with outside consultants or facilitators if needed.
- Identifying strategic planning milestones
- Determining schedules
- Setting and managing budgets
- Assigning deliverables to departments and employees
- Tracking results: plan deployment and effectiveness
Who Should Participate
- CEOs, general managers, senior executives, board/council members, and others involved in strategic planning
- The series reviews strategic planning options for public power utilities of different sizes and with a variety of governing structures. The webinars also review strategic planning for state associations and joint action agencies.
Patricia Cruz, Vice President of Consulting & Training, Hometown Connections, Austin, Texas
For nearly 20 years, Patty has helped utilities set a strategic destination for the future and then direct operations towards that vision. Her areas of expertise include achieving organizational effectiveness, strategic planning, change management, communications, stakeholder engagement, process improvement, and customer satisfaction. Her focus is on improving the performance of public power’s corporate culture, workforce issues, customer service, and community relations. Prior to joining Hometown, she was a Senior Consultant for Leidos. Patty holds degrees in Business Communications, an M.B.A. in Management and Marketing, and a master’s degree in Human Resource Management.
Individual webinars: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the Down to Brass Tacks: Implementing Your Strategic Plan webinar.
The three-part series (discounted rate): $250 for Association members; $550 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the 3-part series.
- Learn more about the series.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202/467-2976 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202/467-2965 or [email protected].