Periodically DEED Internships result in the creation of valuable new resources in addition to providing an opportunity to introduce students to career opportunities in public power and offer DEED-supported, utility staffing.
In this webinar, you will learn how Heartland Consumers Power District (HCPD) and its intern created a pair of Renewable Cost Calculators that are assisting multiple audiences (residents, small utilities, and wholesale power providers/Joint Action Agencies) in determining the costs and benefits of installing a renewable energy facility, particularly a solar array.
These days, even small utilities are expected to be experts by their customers. These calculators allow them to be exactly that. The calculators serve as a valuable tool for evaluating the feasibility of renewable installations as well as the cost to the utility. The calculators provide quick and easy assessments of the impact installations will have on the electric system as well as provide end-users accurate estimates of costs and benefits.
This DEED internship serves as an outstanding example of how public power can extend its workforce needs, create useful resources, and introduce the next generation to public power opportunities. Join us for this tutorial, where you will hear directly from HCPD staff on how to use and apply the calculators at your own utility as well as common use cases, and lessons learned from the internship. DEED members may preview the tools and project information in the DEED Project Database, Project ID S-261.
Who Should Participate:
Utility staff who work in engineering, operations, energy services, key accounts, solar, community outreach and engagement. DEED members interested in applying for a DEED internship.
- Adam Graff, PE, Director of Power Supply, Heartland Consumers Power District
- Ann Hyland, Chief Communications Officer, Heartland Consumers Power District
Join us from 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST to hear from the project team at Heartland who created and executed this project.
- FREE to DEED Members
- $109 for Association Members, Individual, and Corporate Members (Non-DEED)
- $209 for Non-Association Members
Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
Questions? Contact 202-467-2900 or [email protected]
You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2900 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online chat during the webinar.
- This webinar is worth 1.2 CPEs/.1 CEU/1 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log. Those who mill the live webinar
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar