Utilities use the Secondary Electrical Design Software (SEDS) to perform electrical calculations, such as voltage drop and flicker, for multi-tiered, single-phase and three-phase secondary systems. SEDS employs a simple to use drag-and-drop user interface that affords users tremendous flexibility. Since it was created, several improvements have been implemented including a three-phase load database, GUI enhancements, bulk editing and importing of data, and the handling of seasonal coincidence factors.
Join DEED on April 10 at 2:00 PM EDT to learn how to make the most of the DSTAR SEDS software. Find out how one member utility has been leveraging the software to its advantage.
DEED members may review project information located on the DEED Project Database. The SEDS Software is a membership benefit available at no additional charge to DEED members. For access, please email us at [email protected].
Who Should Attend?
- Engineering staff
- Distributed Energy Resource (DER) staff
- Staff concerned with operational efficiency and reliability
- Staff that conducts single-phase and three-phase secondary electrical calculations
- Devin Van Zandt, Managing Director of Software, GE Energy Consulting
- Lavelle Freeman, Manager of Distribution Planning & Engineering, GE Energy Consulting
- No charge for DEED members. Find out if you are a DEED member.
- $99 for APPA members
- $199 for nonmembers
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact us.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please contact Jack Miller at 202-467-2942 or [email protected].
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, it is permissible to have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- Attendees can also use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) when they log into the webinar, as an alternative to using their phone line. This option allows participants to play the webinar audio through their computer’s microphone and speakers.
- This webinar is worth 1.5 CPE/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out 1-2 days after the webinar occurs.
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently, we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to [email protected].
Contact Jack Miller, DEED Program Assistant, at 202-467-2942 or [email protected].