Community solar programs have emerged to provide residents and businesses access where individually owned systems face barriers. Join the project team at WPPI Energy and Chart House Energy on this webinar to learn how they identified strategies to cost effectively increase participation of low to moderate income (LMI) household participation in public power community solar programs. The research involved qualitative interviews, focus groups, a survey to evaluate community interest and participation rates, and a cost-benefit analysis of various program features including demand-side energy efficiency options.
In this webinar you will see how an inclusive community solar program was developed and how the Excel based tool created can be used to determine a cost-effective community solar project scale.
Who Should Attend?
Utility managers, community leaders, and utility personnel involved in community engagement, customer service, and solar programs.
- Brett Niemi, Senior Energy Services Representative, WPPI Energy
- Emily Prehoda, Policy and Innovation Director, Chart House Energy
Have questions? Contact 202-467-2942 or [email protected].
Click here to register for the DEED Webinar: Increasing Rural Access to Community Solar Programs
- FREE for DEED Members. To find out if you are a DEED member, click here.
- $109 for APPA members
- $209 for non-APPA members
Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2942 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- This webinar is worth 1.2 CPEs/.1 CEU/1 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to the presentation and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2942 or [email protected]