As utility professionals who are passionate about public power, a chief concern of ours is ensuring a bright future for our industry. One of the best ways we can do this is by attracting motivated and talented individuals to work at public power utilities while they are young and thinking about what their lives may hold. But in the age of communication overload, how can we break through the clutter and noise and reach those who we want to reach?
Individuals at the Nebraska Public Power District and Platte River Power Authority approached this goal from two vastly different angles, yet took steps toward achieving results that our industry needs. Join DEED on Wednesday, May 30th at 2:00 PM EDT to see the steps that these utilities have taken and to get inspired to generate some ideas of your own.
Who Should Attend?
- Any utility professional interested in helping to develop the future generation of the public power utility workforce will be interested in what is covered.
- Joel Danforth, Customer Service Program Manager, Platte River Power Authority
- Chad Johnson, Senior Education Specialist, Nebraska Public Power District
- No charge for DEED members. To find out if you are a DEED member, click here.
- $99 for APPA members
- $199 for nonmembers
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact APPA's web staff.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please contact Jack Miller 202/467-2942 [email protected].
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, it is permissible to have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- Attendees can also use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) when they log into the webinar, as an alternative to using their phone line. This option allows participants to play the webinar audio through their computer’s microphone and speakers.
- This webinar is worth 1.5 CPE/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out 1-2 days after the webinar occurs.
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently, we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to [email protected].
Contact Jack Miller, DEED Program Assistant, at 202/467-2942 or [email protected].