2 - 3:30 p.m. Eastern
You can’t run a public power utility from your desk or substation. You need to get out and build relationships with your customers who are also your neighbors, friends, and community partners. Discover how other utilities like yours are hosting and participating in community initiatives like school programs, scholarships, and fun events; volunteering with local projects; and supporting nonprofits. Learn how they are reaping the benefits in terms of goodwill and loyalty. Get ideas you can replicate in your community and learn about the costs and logistics of putting on an event.
This is the final webinar in the Raising Awareness of Public Power Webinar Series designed to help you raise awareness of public power in your community.
As competition evolves in new and different forms, it’s more important than ever before to share the unique benefits of public power with multiple stakeholders. Whether in times of storm or calm, several easy, low-cost outreach initiatives can help you build lasting community trust and goodwill. Learn how utilities like yours are engaging audiences through different communication channels and community involvement. Up your game on outage and scam communications. And get best practices in employee communications. Our series of seven webinars is designed for utilities of all sizes, at any level in the communications journey.
- Tiffany Mousel, Community Outreach Specialist, Lincoln Electric Service, Nebraska
- Erica Manuel, Manager, Community, Economic Development & Education, Sacramento Municipal Utility District, California
This is the final webinar in the Raising Awareness of Public Power Webinar Series.
Individual webinar: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the Community Outreach: Get Out to Get Known webinar.
The seven-part series (includes two free webinars): $495 for Association members; $995 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the 7-part series.
- Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202-467-2965 or [email protected].