2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
- Click here to register for Aligning Rate Strategies to Future Trends webinar.
- Click here to register for the 6-part series at a discounted rate.
This is the fifth in a 6-part Accounting & Finance Webinar Series. Review public power case studies and get insights from the experts on key accounting and finance topics. Learn about new standards, regulator requirements, and future trends, while earning CPE credits. Sign up for webinars individually or register for the full series at a discounted rate. You'll also get access to recordings and slides for future reference.
The way utilities set rates for electric services is changing, because of AMI technologies, increasing renewables, energy efficiency programs, and measures to reduce cross-subsidies and create revenue stability. Learn about industry rate trends. See how you need to transition your rate strategies to achieve long-term strategic goals. Learn how to develop standby rates for customer installed distributed generation, time-differentiated structures, and economic development.
- Cost-based rate structures to promote energy efficiency
- Real-time pricing with public power case studies
- Determining economic development rates
- Developing standby rates for distributed generation
Who Should Participate
The series reviews key accounting and finance topics for public power utilities of different sizes and with a variety of governing structures. CEOs, general managers, finance and accounting personnel, rate analysts, and other utility staff involved in management and financial planning will benefit.
Mark Beauchamp, CPA, CMA, MBA, President, Utility Financial Solutions, Holland, Michigan. Mark is the president and founder of Utility Financial Solutions, a consulting practice that specializes in financial planning, cost of service, and rate-setting for public power utilities. He has more than 38 years of experience in electric utility consulting and management. In his previous positions, Beauchamp has assisted with improvements to accounting and operation practices, risk assessments, cost of service, and competitive rate designs. He is a frequent speaker at national and regional conferences and has taught a variety of courses for APPA. He holds degrees in water purification technology and accounting, as well as a master's degree in business.
Individual webinars: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the Aligning Rate Strategies to Future Trends webinar.
The six-part series (discounted rate): $495 for Association members; $995 for nonmembers
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202/467-2976 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Accounting
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202/467-2965 or [email protected].