Building on the first webinar that covers basics definitions of leases, this session will cover practical implementation issues for the new GASB 87 standard including: examples of journal entries and financial statement presentation, determining discount rates, financial statement disclosures, and lessor vs. lessee accounting.
- What is a lease?
- Lease discount rate
- Journal entries for leases
- Financial Statement presentation and disclosures
- Lessor vs. lessee accounting
Who Should Participate
Utility accounting and finance personnel, rate analysts, and staff involved in management and financial planning.
- Olga A. Darlington, CPA, Partner, Energy & Utility Services Group, Moss Adams LLP, Everett, Washington
- Julie Desimone, CPA, Partner, National Practice Leader, Energy & Utility Services Group, Moss Adams LLP, Portland, Oregon
This two-part series provides a comprehensive overview of the new GASB 87 standard, which will have significant implications for public power utilities with regards to lease accounting. Review details of the new standard, discuss potential challenges, and hear practical application tips and examples on how to prepare for and implement changes to ensure compliance.
Individual webinars: $109 for members; $209 for nonmembers
Please click on each webinar title to register individually:
- Accounting for Leases: How GASB 87 Will Rock Your (Financial Reporting) World: April 30
- GASB 87: Practical Implementation Issues: June 4
The 2-part series (discounted rate): $160 for members; $320 for nonmembers (one free webinar)
- Register for the series (2 webinars)
Webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact our web services staff.
How to Join a Webinar
- Log-in information will be sent out the morning of each event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202-467-2965 or email [email protected]).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating from the same location, all can listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Submit your questions for speakers before the webinar — email them to [email protected]. You may also ask questions via online via chat during the webinar.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Accounting
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all handouts and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Contact 202-467-2965 or [email protected].